This Application Support position will assist in maintaining, troubleshooting and monitoring of our IIS7 web server applications and website for one of our European Partners.
Communication with our oversees relations will mainly be in English, French and Dutch. An ideal candidate should have a strong background with Microsoft OS, IIS Tools and Applications. Applicant should also be knowledgeable with website architecture and hardware.
- Provides application support (administration, configuration, and monitoring) for both off the shelf and home grown applications in a 24/7 highly available and clustered web-based environment.
- Deploys, installs and configures the components of the system infrastructure on an ongoing basis.
- Organizes, plans, and executes projects involving the deployment, administration and support of business applications onto the Win 2008 platforms.
- Performs root cause analysis and fault isolation for environmental, server, and application availability issues.
- Provides initial project consulting to help define the support structure and guidelines for new applications.
- Provides support during escalations for problem identification, troubleshooting, documentation and resolution.
- Tunes and validates Win 2008 systems, troubleshooting and resolving problems and outages.
- Supports production systems, as required, by optimizing performance, helping resolve problems, and providing timely follow-up on problem reports.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems of medium to high complexity.
- Communicates plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Fluent in the spoken French, Dutch and English language.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or five years equivalent job experience.
- Thorough understanding of E-Commerce systems: specifically, Web based applications using IIS 6/7, ASP.net, Application Center 2000, SQL Server2005/2008, and Load Balancing HW.
- Experience in managing small to medium projects in a cross-functional environment utilizing the above technologies.
- 4-7 years of overall experience in administering, supporting and monitoring web-based applications on a network operating system across multiple physical locations. Typical network services and applications including file and print, SQL Server 2005/2008, messaging, firewall, desktop management, mail servers, and Web hosting.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft IIS Management in a clustered environment
- Microsoft Application Center usage
- SSL certificate usage and implementation
- Web analysis tools such as Webtrends, Alertsite, etc.
- Administering desktop operating systems (Win 2008) and Web based applications.
- Must display strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all management levels, including both verbal and written (documentation) communication skills.
- Must be highly motivated and independent; result oriented.
- Must be a self-learner and effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology . Must show ability to integrate multiple tools together to solve business problems.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification
- Knowledge of Tealeaf
- Basic knowledge of IBM MQSeries, MSMQ, Network Load Balancing, and EMC Storage